As a Pilates instructor, I know the importance of good posture. Pilates is a mind-body form of exercise that is great for improving posture and giving long lasting relief from pains, strains, and much more. Here are some pointers on how to get there!
1. In each exercise you do in Pilates, your posture helps you to become more aware of how your body moves.
2. Pilates teaches you to mindfully engage your core muscles, while lifting them in & up.
3. It helps keep and maintain spinal alignment, while improving your flexibility.
4. The head and eyes should be looking straight ahead, with the chin slightly lifted.
5. Your shoulders should be in line with your ears with shoulders down - draw your shoulder blades together and soften the ribs.
6. Keep your arms by your side slightly forward and relaxed.
7, With the legs together, engage the back of the thighs and turn them inward toward each other.
8. Stand on your entire foot, without leaning on the outside of the foot or sinking into your arches. Lean slightly forward toward the balls of the feet, soften the knees and move the feet slightly apart.
Try it! See how you can improve your posture and strengthen your body at the same time.
Go to my website pilatesfitstudio.com and scroll down to the bottom of my Blog page, put your email in and get my weekly update! Saturday morning Pilates Mat Class 8:30 a.m. Come join us!